In tonight’s episode of The Queer Life Radio show, Kaiya Kramer brings on Paulina Angel founder of Trans Role Models on Facebook, covers pre-op surgery for gender reassignment, and covers all the up to date LGBT news.
This episode airs live Friday December 18th, 2015 at 6–8pm on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Tuesday night on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Wednesday night at 6–8pm on KWTF 88.1 FM, and live on YouTube here.
Since September 5th, when Episode 6 : Paulina Angel aired, I felt that life got better and better by each day. After going through months of psychotherapy, I, for the first time, found myself becoming happy and confident. Since then, I started to become very involved in the Trans Community in Palm Springs, becoming part of the Palm Springs Steering Committee for Human Rights Campaign, as well as volunteering for the LGBT Center Of The Desert & Equality California. In September, I was special guest for an EQCA & LGBT Center event in partnership of Chill Bar in Palm Springs called ‘An Evening of Equality for Transgender Awareness’. Also in September, I became contributor for the LGBT Publication, Desert Outlook as the Trans Life commentator. My group, Trans Role Models, has hit its 5 Year Anniversary as we now have over 7,000 members. I’m now beginning recording sessions for my third album, Virgin Sounds, which kicked off earlier in November with the release of the single, MINE, which is a song heard in the up and coming film, LGBT Love Stories. The song was rewritten and renamed ‘Transitioning’ for South Africa artist, Laura Kate Meads.
Pre-Op Surgery and Trans Voices
Just to let you know that I will not be around for the next 3-4 weeks, I’ll be in recovery for my gender reassignment surgery. In this episode I’ll cover the last few details about my surgery so you know what’s up. Check out the news story links below, I’ll be discussing those articles and presenting viewpoints from the LGBT perspective.
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
LGBT News Hour
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Problematic, But So Are All of Us – by Amanda Kerri, advocate.com
- Indian parliament rejects bill to decriminalise gay sex – by Joseph Patrick McCormick, pinknews.co.uk
- There is a gang using Grindr to mug gay men – by Michelle O’Toole, pinknews.co.uk
- Lesbian Moms Sue North Carolina To Update Birth Certificates – by Ingrid Michaelson Song, feeds.huffingtonpost.com
- Women-only festival implements ‘no transgender’ policy… and then bans discussion of it – by Nick Duffy, pinknews.co.uk
- Gay man murdered by ‘refugees’ in brutal homophobic attack – by Caroline Seddon, pinknews.co.uk
- Transgender and intersex people are ‘medically unfit’ to join the police – by Michelle O’Toole, pinknews.co.uk
- Trans Prisoner Attempted Self Surgery – by Amy Walker, planettransgender.com
- More Americans claim to have seen a ghost than a trans person – by Joe Williams, pinknews.co.uk
- Carlton Champion found guilty of murdering Ty Underwood – by Kelli Busey, planettransgender.com
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher