This week on The Queer Life radio show Kaiya Kramer interviews Hayden Black creator of Gen Zed, an animated comedy about 4 online gamers and features a trans actress in a lead role.
This episode airs live Friday September 18th, 2015 at 6–8pm on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Tuesday night on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Wednesday night at 6–8pm on KWTF 88.1 FM, and live on YouTube here.
Hayden Black – Gen Zed Interview
Hayden Black’s bio from Wikipedia:
Hayden Black is the award-winning star/writer/producer behind Goodnight Burbank (“Better than 99% of the stuff on TV” – USA Today”), the first-ever scripted half-hour comedy series made for Hulu and then licensed – the day it premiered – by Mark Cuban for his cable channel HDNet. It can be seen at www.hulu.com/goodnight-burbank. Goodnight Burbank and his other original online work – including Abigail’s Teen Diary & The Occulterers – have won Webby, iTunes and Yahoo awards, been viewed in the multi-millions, and taught in college courses.
The press has dubbed him a “web sensation” (LA Times), “ridiculously funny” (Time Out) and “one of Internet comedy’s brightest stars” (The Guardian). He’s a proficient tweeter with over 27,000 followers and has been reprinted on the home pages of the New York Times, CNN, Time Magazine, Hollywood Reporter, etc.
In 2013 he contributed to a book entitled “Behind The Sofa; Celebrity Memories of Dr. Who”, named by Amazon UK one of its “Ten Best Books of 2013.” He also became a regular on-air contributor to BBC America’s TV series “The Brit List” and the writer/Voice Over for Yahoo’s hugely popular daily web series “Who Knew?”.
He’s also had an award-winning career as an On Air Promotions senior writer/producer, working across all genres (comedy, drama & reality) for ABC, NBC, FOX, the WB and the CW.
Gen Zed Bio:
Gen Zed is an animated comedy about 4 online gamers who move in together into a Downtown LA apartment. The series is making history as the first animated series to feature a Trans actress in a lead role (her character, Shona, is Trans too).It features cameos from Jane Wiedlin, Richard Schiff, Hal Sparks, Matthew Del Negro and Miracle Laurie.
You can find more info about Hayden Black and Gen Zed at:
- Trailer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc
- Tumbler – http://genzedcomedy.tumblr.com
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/Gen_Zed
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/GenZedComedy
- Instagram – https://instagram.com/genzedcomedy
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
LGBT News & Current Events Discussed
- California Trans Teen’s Inspirational Journey from Near Dropout to Prom Queen – by Mitch Kellaway, advocate.com
- The One Incredibly Obvious Question That Reveals A Narcissist – Digg.com
- Shocker: Texas Man Confesses to Killing Trans Woman But Only Gets Probation – by Cleis Abeni, advocate.com
- How Hiding Your True Self At Work Can Hurt Your Career – by Elizabeth Segran, fastcompany.com
- Homophobic People Often Have Psychological Issues – by Stephanie Pappas, livescience.com
- Is another human living inside you? – by David Robson, bbc.com
- Sanders Defends Gay Soldiers, 1995 – YouTube
- Tim Cook Talks To Stephen Colbert On Why He Came Out – Digg.com
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher