This week on The Queer Life radio show Kaiya Kramer asks “will I go to hell?” and covers news articles from electroshock therapy for gays to cultural appropriation.
This episode airs live Friday August 21st, 2015 at 6–8pm on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Tuesday night on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Wednesday night at 6–8pm on KWTF 88.1 FM, and live on YouTube.
Will I Go To Hell?
- Think it’s hard being gay in the United States? Check out what it’s like in China.
- Student sues Chinese government over textbooks that claim gays need electroshock therapy – by Nick Duffy, pinknews.co.uk
- Good news ladies, a “Female Viagra” has just been approved by the FDA.
- ‘Female Viagra’ approved by the FDA – by Gareth Williams, pinknews.co.uk
- In case you didn’t notice, it was hot as hell last month.
- Yep, July Was The Hottest Month in Recorded History – by Maddie Stone, gizmodo.com
- White people, please stop stealing black people’s words, it’s weird and awkward…
- 12 Words Black People Invented, And White People Killed – by Zeba Blay, feeds.huffingtonpost.com
- Illinois takes a step back in the fight for LGBT rights and confuses sexual orientation and gender identity all in this discriminating bill.
- Illinois Governor signs youth Gender identity conversion ban – by Kelli Busey, planettransgender.com
- Are you a workaholic? Think again, it might not be helping you to be more productive.
- Working Over 40 Hours a Week Makes You Less Productive, Not More – by Melanie Pinola, lifehacker.com
- Rule of thumb, if you’re in the fashion world and you start making discriminatory remarks about your customers, expect to get ousted.
- Fashion boss ‘sacked’ after claiming dress is not for lesbians – by Nick Duffy, pinknews.co.uk
- Gay rape jokes are not funny. Ever.
- NY Post Makes Gay Rape Joke on Jared Fogle Cover – by Neal Broverman, advocate.com
- If you’ve ever been to a party and noticed that drunk friend in the corner, perhaps instead of laughing you should assess the situation and make sure that friend doesn’t need to be hospitalized.
- Is Your Friend “Sleep It Off” Drunk or “Call 911” Drunk? – by Beth Skwarecki, vitals.lifehacker.com
- If you’re not aware of the drought in California, you’ve not been listening.
- Humans Have Definitely Made the California Drought Worse – by Maddie Stone, gizmodo.com
- Lies, lies, and more lies about the LGBTI in Africa
- Where Do the Lies About LGBTIs in Africa Come From? – by Michael Ashworth, feeds.huffingtonpost.com
- Here’s an article from a trans woman who talks about male privilege and trans identities.
- Trans People Were Never Cis – by leelaginelle, reddit.com
- Walk a mile in my shoes and you may understand…
- WATCH: Christian Man Recounts Year Pretending to Be Gay in Ted Talk – by Daniel Reynolds, advocate.com
- No, women aren’t the only ones with body image issues. Now, so do men.
- I’m A Man With Body Image Issues, And Now I Know I’m Not Alone – by Tyler Kingkade, feeds.huffingtonpost.com
- Even though marriage between same-sex couples is now legal, it doesn’t mean that there’s sunshine and unicorns in Texas.
- This Gay Man Was ‘Humiliated’ And ‘Degraded’ Trying To Get Married In Texas – by Emily Tess Katz, feeds.huffingtonpost.com
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes