This episode airs live Friday June 12th, 2015 at 6–8pm on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Tuesday night on KBBF 89.1 FM, replayed on Wednesday night at 6–8pm on KWTF 88.1 FM, and live on YouTube here:
Joshua Simmons WIMP Santa Rosa
This week on The Queer Life radio show Kaiya Kramer interviews Joshua Simmons WIMP Santa Rosa CEO. Here is his bio:
Joshua R. Simmons is a social entrepreneur, marketer, and web developer born and raised in the North Bay. Josh is also an extheist, neuroatypical, bisexual. He lost his religion in 2006, came out in 2008, and learned the meaning of privilege in 2013. Community building has been a theme in Josh’s life, starting early with student government and World of Warcraft. After working as a web developer, frustrated freelancer, and failed startup CEO, over the course of 12 years, he took up community as his profession.
Today Josh serves as the CEO of Web & Interactive Media Professionals (yes, WIMP), a local community helping to connect, educate, and employ local designers, developers, marketers, and other creative professionals. He also works full-time as a Community Manager covering web technology and open source software at O’Reilly Media.
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
- Politician’s Facebook Rant: Lesbians Should ‘Buy A Barbie Doll’ If They Want To Play Being Parents – thenewcivilrightsmovement.com
- Couple Forced to Divorce Because Gays Are Ruining Their Marriage – roygbiv.jezebel.com
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Toxic People – by Leo Babauta, zenhabits.net
- Godmother of Electronic Music a Trans Woman- Wendy Carlos – by Brian, allaccesselectronic.com
- They showed these kids current and past pictures of Caitlyn Jenner. Here’s their reaction. – upworthy.com
- An Open Letter to Christians From the Parents of a Transgender Child – by Melissa McLaren, huffingtonpost.com
- Baptist pastor Steven Anderson screams I’m gay and I hate Jenner – by Kelli Busey, planettransgender.com
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes