Call the show at 612-643-1108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This podcast is proud to be a part of the Trans Podcaster Visibility Initiative: https://www.facebook.com/transvisiblepodcaster/
Main show page is http://www.thequeerlife.org/category/transatheistpod/
No iTunes Download directly here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/transatheist/Ep40_TSA.mp3
- 01:44 Eclipse Essay for Dimland Radio
- 10:20 Interview with Terra Snover
In this episode I am happy to be joined by Terra Snover. The following is from Terra’s website: https://terrasnover.com/
Terra is someone who sees injustice in the world and wants to make it right. Hears the needs of those around her and can’t help but feel the need to improve it. Who stands tall with all her sisters and brothers of all races, religions, and creeds and hopes to support them in their dream of becoming a part of this amazing melting pot we call home. Who will fight for the needs of all the people, not just the select few who already have it all and want to exploit us just so they can have a little more. She hopes for a strong education for all of our children and young adults, no matter their upbringing or where they live. She believes in the armed forces of this union but feels that many of these brave woman and men don’t have the support the need once they return home. And she won’t sit by and watch this country be broken apart by the very people who are sworn to serve the public.
- Jobs and Wages: There is a significant problem with disproportionate income distribution leading to stagnant wages which have not kept up with the cost of living. The minimum wage MUST be increased. (Read more.)
- Healthcare: Healthcare in the United States has been broken for far too long. The ACA was a good starting point, but we need to go further and make Medicare-for-all a reality. (Read more)
- Immigration: Almost all Americans are immigrants. We came here looking for a better life, hoping this land would care for us, and that dream hasn’t changed. We need to create better, more streamlined legal paths to become citizens. The American dream does not diminish the more who become a part of it: It only grows stronger. (Read more)
- Agriculture: Given the recent demand for water in California, and the subsequent effect of groundwater levels, it is imperative that we be proactive to incentivize more efficient use of land and water resources. I propose tax cuts and further subsidies for farms that work to be more ecologically friendly. (Read more)
- Infrastructure: One of the most important but least sexy issues facing the USA. We need to find a way to repair and modernize our infrastructure without breaking the bank. We need to invest in better technology, especially for dams and bridges.
- Science: We find ourselves facing one the largest problems of the past 200 years in the form of widespread science denial. Science has made our country what it is today, from the Wright brothers taking flight and JFK’s challenge to one day go to the moon, we now having robots operating on other worlds. We can not lose this love of the unknown and quest to do and create the next big thing. (Read more)
- Criminal Justice: We live in a time when the criminal justice system is broken. We currently incarcerate more people than any other place in the world: 2,000,000 + people. That’s more than the population of New Mexico! We need to shift from punishment to rehabilitation whenever possible and disincentivize prisons from keeping people in the system by making all prisons non-profit. (Read more)
- Equality: California’s own anti-discrimination laws should serve as a template for the entire country, at the federal level. (Read more)
- Support for the Arts: America has some of the lowest per capita funding for the arts. I propose not only restoring, but expanding the National Endowment for the Arts. (Read more)
Terra Snover: https://terrasnover.com/
Terra Snover Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terra.snover
Vote Terra Snover page: https://www.facebook.com/VoteTerraSnover/
Obsidian Shell: http://obsidianshell.com/
Dimland Radio: https://www.facebook.com/DimlandRadio
Thanks as always for listening
- Orion’s belt is made up of just 3 stars….don’t you think that’s a complete waist of space?
- How bad is that first joke? I bet you’re only gonna give it 3 stars.