In this episode of The Queer Life radio show, Kaiya Kramer interviews Dr. Rachel Friedman
This show aired live at 6 pm Pacific on Friday August 4th, 2017
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed on this show are strictly those of the speaker/writer and should be treated as such. None of our guests (unless specifically stated) represent any larger organization or syndicated radio station. We’re a bunch of talking heads on the radio talking about what is needed in human rights activism. Peace!
Interview: Dr. Rachel Friedman, MD
In general I have been a family doctor in Santa Rosa since I moved here from the East Coast in 2008, got the privilege of working with Dr. Suegee Tamar Mattis and her transgender clinic during my residency, which furthered my interest in providing my holistic, “whole personologist” style of family medicine to my growing panel of LGBTQ patients. I’ve been at Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa for almost 5 years, sit on their diversity and inclusion panel, and am an Associate Program Director for our new family medicine residency training program. I’ve been super impressed at how our facility and organization has taken a leadership role in providing world class equitable care for all patients, including the LGBTQ community, and I’m excited to bring that leadership and training to our next generation of family physicians in Sonoma County.
Click here to read her Kaiser Profile.
LGBT News and Perspectives
- US: Harmful Surgery on Intersex Children – hrw.org
- Caitlyn Jenner Wears a ‘Make America Great Again’ Hat after Trump’s Military Ban – out.com
- The Queer Zine Taking Vogue’s Gender-Fluid Issue to Erotic Extremes – out.com
- “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli Found Guilty of Fraud and Nobody is more shocked – queerty.com
- Miley Cyrus Covers the September Issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine – tomandlorenzo.com
- Democrats are Asking the Military to Defy Trump’s Transgender Ban – lgbtqnation.com
- Fears over high demand for HIV-preventing PrEP drug trial – pinknews.co.uk
- Trans 8-year-old sues private school for emotional damages – pinknews.co.uk
- Almost 70 Percent of U.S. White Evangelical Christians Say Homosexuality is – towleroad.com
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher