In this episode of The Queer Life radio show, Kaiya Kramer interviews Karissa Mckelvey who is a software developer, activist, and trumpet player and Eva Mas who is is a lover of Community Building and Social Justice work. The second hour is the news and perspectives part of the show. Click here to see the articles we’ll be talking about.
This show aired live at 6 pm Pacific on Friday June 16th, 2017
A software developer, activist, and trumpet player with an academic hangover. She did some work on the relationship between social media and politics, and now works with the Debt Collective, a debt resistance movement.
Eva Mas grew up in Barcelona, and has roots in the US, Chile and Jewish Poland. With a background in Sociology and Education, she is a lover of Community Building and Social Justice work, who weaves visual arts and music into different aspects of her life. Her current favorite project is San Francisco’s Mission based Banda Sin Nombre, where she plays percussion and sings.
LGBT News and Perspectives
- Overwatch adds reference to Tracer’s girlfriend in-game – by Joseph Patrick McCormick, pinknews.co.uk
- Five Ways The Trump Administration Can Help LGBT Workers – by Naomi Goldberg, fastcompany.com
- Breitbart’s Lost Over 2,200 Advertisers – by Whitney Kimball, jezebel.com
- Log Cabin Republicans Try to Sway the Dept. of Education – by Jennifer Williams, advocate.com
- Tory MP who claimed trans people ‘confuse’ kids loses seat after 30 years – by Jack Taylor, pinknews.co.uk
- Commerce Department kills employment protections for LGBT people – by Bil Browning, lgbtqnation.com
- BREAKING: Discrimination Signed Into Law in Texas, Governor Abbott Signs HB 3859 – by Nick Morrow, hrc.org
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher