In this episode of The Queer Life radio show, Kaiya Kramer discusses how within the LGBT community there is still transphobia and lots of work left to unify our minority group. Yes, it is surprising that there are folks within the LGBT community whom are not friendly to transgender people. Listen to find out what’s up!
This show aired live at 6 pm Pacific on Friday June 9th, 2017
Queer but not Friendly
Mandi, Ki, and I discussed issues regarding a sub-Reddit group called “Gender Critical” composed of a few gay men and lesbian women. Our purpose of this discussion is not to tell these people that they’re wrong about trans people, but to inform them that we as trans people do indeed suffer inequality as well. That our plight is their plight.
LGBT News and Perspectives
- Overwatch adds reference to Tracer’s girlfriend in-game – by Joseph Patrick McCormick, pinknews.co.uk
- Five Ways The Trump Administration Can Help LGBT Workers – by Naomi Goldberg, fastcompany.com
- Breitbart’s Lost Over 2,200 Advertisers – by Whitney Kimball, jezebel.com
- Log Cabin Republicans Try to Sway the Dept. of Education – by Jennifer Williams, advocate.com
- Tory MP who claimed trans people ‘confuse’ kids loses seat after 30 years – by Jack Taylor, pinknews.co.uk
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher