In this episode of The Queer Life radio show Kaiya Kramer interviews Dr. Dianna Grayer about her upcoming play Private Lives, Private Lies which focuses on LGBTQ stories. In the second hour we discuss LGBTQ current events and news from Chechnya gay concentration camps to the current developments on banning same sex marriage in the United States.
LIVE SHOW begins at 6pm Pacific on Friday April 14th, 2017
If you’ve missed the live show, please subscribe to the Podcast.
Dr. Dianna Grayer
Dianna Grayer began writing creatively in the early 90’s while earning her Masters in Counseling at SSU. Her passion for writing about empowerment and things that are deeply felt continues. She is a marriage and family therapist and earned her Doctorate in Psychology. She has published 6 children’s books, a poetry book and journaling book, both with accompanying CDs.
Dianna says that this play is her most important work thus far. She wants to help people understand the struggles of the LGBTQ community and wants to encourage the LGBTQ community to value, honor, and Be their true selves! She hopes that people can become more empathic, compassionate and accepting of others as the struggles portrayed in this play affects people of all walks of life!
Private Lives, Private Lies
Dr. Grayer says, “Private Lives Private Lies explores relationship discord, addiction, discrimination, and rejection in the lives of 8 LGBTQ people – the struggles they face and the joy that comes from being authentic and free. It is educational, therapeutic, hopeful, and entertaining, and pulls from every emotional realm, including love and laughter!” Playwright Dianna L Grayer’s motivation for writing this play was to bring LGBTQ relationship dynamics to life while tackling some of the issues behind the masks that everyone wears – LGBTQ or straight.
Second Hour: LGBT News and Perspectives
- Ellen trolls handsome English teacher who trolled his class (in the gayest possible way) – by David Grant, queerty.com
- Study: Married gay men are much happier than single ones – by David Grant, queerty.com
- Chechen Gay Men Tell of Horrific Abuse in Detention Centers – by Trudy Ring, advocate.com
- How can you help gay men in Chechnya – by Alice Milliken, pinknews.co.uk
- University waives tuition for transgender students – by Alex Bollinger, lgbtqnation.com
- AI programs exhibit racial and gender biases, research reveals – by Hannah Devlin science, theguardian.com
- Outcry after Survivor contestant outed as transgender by rival – by Associated Press, theguardian.com
- Transgender techies are transforming the industry – axios.com
Thanks for listening!
Host of The Queer Life Radio Show
Check Us Out on Social Media
- Like us on Facebook
- Tweet us @thequeerlife
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
- Subscribe to us on Stitcher