Since 1970, staff of the Red Door in Minneapolis have worked to decrease the incidence of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) and HIV through screening, treatment, and health education. Red Door services are offered at the Hennepin County Public Health Clinic.
You don’t need an appointment for most services.
Many Red Door services are available on a walk-in basis, but you will need an appointment for pregnancy prevention services and Ryan White services.
- Rapid HIV testing (same-day results) is available confidentially or anonymously.
- Testing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and vaginal infections.
- Testing for genital wars and herpes if there are symptoms present.
- Dermatology treatment for genital wars or molluscum contagiosum.
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and human papillomavirus for people at risk.
Red Door Services hours
Monday: 11 am to 7 pm
Tuesday – Friday: 8 am to 4 pm
Services are provided regardless of a person’s ability to pay, and charges are based on a sliding-fee scale. We accept most forms of health insurance, so please bring your insurance card. Donations are also welcome.
The Hennepin County Public Health Clinic is on the fourth floor of the Health Services Building, 525 Portland Ave. S. in Minneapolis (on the corner of 6th street and Portland Avenue).
There is metered parking on the streets and various parking ramps near the clinic, which require a fee.
For information on bus routes, call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333612-373-3333. The light rail Downtown / East Metrodome Station is one block from the Health Services Building.
Red Door Programs
- CAPS – a care access program for HIV+ persons
- HIM – a sexual health program for gay and bisexual men
- SIS – a sexual health program for African American women and their partners
Ejay Jack can be reached at 612-543-2266612-543-2266 or you can text him at 612-200-7006612-200-7006. If email is your friend use ejay.jack@Hennepin.us
Mary Jo Meuleners can be reached at 612-348-7596612-348-7596 and email at mary.jo.meuleners@co.Hennepin.mn.us
The website for Red Door Services is http://www.reddoorclinic.org/
HIM Program https://www.facebook.com/HimProgram
Music is by Obsidian Shell check them out on iTunes or visit them at http://www.obsidianshell.com/
Thanks for downloading, thanks for listening!